Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Caterpillar Quilt

Hi again,
Today is a rainy day here in SLC. It is one of those days when I would love to rap up in one of my quilts and read, or watch a good romantic movie.
Before I can enjoy either of those activities I have some show and tell for you. I just picked up a couple of quilts from my quilter and I am excited to show you how they look. And I finished the Halloween wall hanging. It is not quilted yet. I tried to quilt it myself, but I can't seem to do it very well. I did finish the top so I'll show you how it turned out.
This is my caterpillar. I used the Dresden Plate ruler from Darlene Zimmerman.

 This is my sampler, I showed you how I was learning to paper piece, this is how it turned out.

























Here is my Halloween Quilt. It is a little hard to see, but I will get it quilted someday and that all ways make them come to life.

I have many things to do today, you know how things come all at once or not at all? That is what this month will be like for me. I hope you have a good day.
It is beginning to feel like fall, I'm not looking forward to winter, but I love the cooler days and the changing leaves.

Good by for now.
Laurie

2 comments:

PamKittyMorning said...

Love the caterpillar, very clever use of that ruler! Also, love your sampler! So sweet!

Unknown said...

Is there any pattern available for the caterpillar quilt? I just loved it.