Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Hawaii

I was lucky enough to go to Hawaii just before Quilt Market this year. We came home the Friday before Market and I had to jump into quilt bindings and pattern writing so quickly that I did not get to post about the wonderful trip we had just enjoyed.
So, better late than never!
Kauai,
Hawaii
We stayed on Kauai this year, we went with my hu
sband clients, so that means that my husband has meetings to attend and I get to enjoy the beautiful island of Kauai.
This the view from our hotel balcony, I felt very lucky t
o be able to enjoy this everyday for almost 2 weeks.
What would a trip be like with out a visit to the local quilt shop?
Even in Hawaii I took the time to find a charming shop full of amazing ideas and fabrics.
My wonderful friend Diana and I looked up the address and quickly found the Kapaia Stitchery.

The ladies in the shop were friendly, helpful and so gracious when asked to be in my pictures.
This is the 2nd time I was able to visit their store, the last time I found that they had some of the fabric I had designed for Windham Fabrics. What a surprise!

No comments: